Kimberley 2Way Exchange
Kimberley 2 Way Tours
The Tours we offer
We have 5 varieties of purpose-designed 5 day Tours to suit the needs of your particular small group.
These guided personal Tours and programs are for small groups of family or friends who wish to experience the unique Aboriginal Culture, Landscape, Biodiversity and Agricultural initiatives of the Kimberley region of Western Australia. These Tours are personalised to accommodate your needs.
They are divided into the following six themes:
- Miriwoong and Gajirrabeng Culture and Art
- · The Cockburn Range
- · Barramundi fishing
- · Biodiversity in the East Kimberley
- · Agriculture and the Ord River Scheme
- · Customised Tours.
These Tours/programs are designed as follows:
- For small groups to experience first-hand the magnificent Kimberley Wilderness and Landscape, local Aboriginal Art and Culture, the biodiversity of the flora and fauna and what threatens it, as well as the history, achievements, difficulties and possibilities of the mighty Ord River Scheme.
- To offer an integrated and personalised experience of the Kimberley according to the theme you choose to explore.
- Your group will be picked up from the Kununurra Airport and returned to the Airport for your return flight at the end of your trip (unless otherwise arranged) and will cater for all your group's needs in between.
- You will be accompanied and supported by the owner/operator of Kimberley 2-way exchange throughout your tour/program.
- Additional specialist guides, instructors, pilots etc will also be utilised at various times throughout your tour/program.
- Your tour/program will last for 5 days unless you choose a customised or extended program.
- You are offered camping or Motel/cabin accommodation according to your choice in most situations. Note that some program options offer camping only, but many offer the option of either camping or Motel/Cabin accommodation or a mixture of both according to your preference.
These Tours/programs are ideally suited for
- Existing small groups, either groups of single people, couples or a family group of adults and children (children are most welcome) or any other combination of your choosing.
- Older couples or special interest groups
- Groups of individuals or small groups with disabilities.
- A family group who wants a remote camping holiday with all the equipment, planning and transportation arranged for you.
- A small group wanting a Wilderness holiday with comfortable motel or private unit style accommodation in the remote Kimberley region with the hassle of all the preparation, bookings and transportation taken care of for you.
Kimberley 2Way Tour No 1
East Kimberley Aboriginal Culture and Art
This 5 day program offers the opportunity to experience first-hand the Culture and Art of the local Miriwoong and Gajirrabeng traditional owners of the East Kimberley region of Kununurra.
It is based in the East Kimberley and includes sharing in a cultural exchange program with the Miriwoong and Gajirrabeng traditional owners from the Language and Culture centre in Kununurra as
well as collaboration and participation with local aboriginal artists at Warringarri Art centre. Exploring the landscape and art of the local area. Visiting local and more remote rock art sites and then a days paddle down the top half of the mighty Ord River followed by a boat trip home along the river to Kununurra at sunset (or a boat ride all the way down the upper Ord River if you dont wish to paddle you own canoe).
Note: the possibility of interaction with local aboriginal educational programs may also exist.
Kimberley 2Way Tour No 2
The Biodiversity of the East Kimberley and what threatens it.
This 5 day program is offered in collaboration with other agencies in the East Kimberley and provides an opportunity for participants to contribute to the biodiversity, animal trapping and monitoring surveys carried out in selected areas of the East Kimberley region of WA. It also provides an opportunity to experience first-hand the extent of the threat of the Cane toad in this wilderness region of WA. This program culminates with a days paddle down the mighty Ord River followed by a boat trip home along the river to Kununurra at sun set. or a boat ride all the way without the paddling if you wish.
(This program is primarily wilderness tent camping but does include the option for some Motel/Unit accommodation when in Kununurra.)
Kimberley 2Way Tour No 3
Barramundi fishing in rugged terrain with authentic aboriginal instruction.
This 5 day program offers the opportunity to experience barramundi fishing under the instruction of an authentic and highly experienced aboriginal instructor and guide. The opportunity exists for fishing from the shore and/or a boat on wild rivers as well as fixed wing or Helicopter remote area fishing if you wish.
(This program is primarily wilderness tent camping but does include the option for Motel/Unit accommodation when in Kununurra.)
Kimberley 2Way Tour No 4
The spectacular East Kimberley Landscape of the Cockburn Rangers
This 5 day program offers a circumnavigation of the Magnificent Cockburn ranges as well as a flight over the top. (The Cockburn Ranges are the spectacular backdrop for the landscape scenes in the movie Australia).
This program includes two nights at the famous El Questro Resort, one night at Home Valley Station and one night at Parry Creek Farm near Wyndham. (This program offers resort camping or Motel/ Unit style accommodation with restaurant meals or a combination of both as available.)
Kimberley 2Way Tour No 5
The Ord River Irrigation Scheme and the Agriculture of the East Kimberley
This program offers the opportunity to experience first-hand the history and current development of the Ord River Scheme by visiting a selection of existing farms, businesses and organisations representing Traditional owners in the area as well as government authorities and private companies associated with the implementation of the Ord stage one and two schemes. It includes a tour of the old Durack Homestead from Argyle Downs as well as a visit to and/or a boat ride on Lake Argyle. A flight over Lake Argyle and the Bungle Bungles and/or the Cockburn Ranges is also available. Then a days paddle down the top half of the mighty Ord River itself followed by a boat trip home along the river to Kununurra at sunset (or a boat ride all the way down the upper Ord River if you dont wish to paddle you own canoe.)
Extended or Customised tours
These 5 day programs can be extended by prior arrangement and depending on other bookings following. In addition to this, certain elements in several of these programs can also be combined to create a unique customised program to suit your needs.
What do our Tours cost ?
Each 5 day program starts at $500 per day per person (based on a minimum group size of 4 people) with additional charges for some additional canoeing trips, boat trips, flights and motel style accommodation and restaurant meals. The specific elements that you want in your particular program will be discussed with you in advance and an overall price quoted accordingly.
Fully customised tours will be discussed with you and a quote given for your unique program.